Popular Posts

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Once a Teacher always a Teacher..!!


A very significant day in the life of any and every teacher is the lovely Teacher's Day we celebrated, celebrate and will celebrate in future too for our amazing teachers. Its a wonderful feeling to be loved by your students (I can say that safely since i am teaching for the last 6 years now, and guess what , that is surely a long time!), the wishes would make you smile, at times cry (out of happiness) and amazes as well (when kids give you sup rises)i got one..i loved it too...!!

But more than gifts and celebrations its a day when we sincerely remember our teachers and teachers too get into self assessment mode (analysing , what have we done or rather what all we need to do for our students).

Its a matter of fact that Sri Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan (ex President and a great Teacher) is remembered fondly on this day, but the remembrance is not theoretical, its a reflection of the most beautiful relationship we had with our teachers..

I still remember the smile on my teacher's face when i gave her the card i made for her...her teary eyes and her loving voice said, thank you so much dear child, god bless you, the words resonate in my ears , as today, when my students do the same .

Its a fact, tried and tested , that only a teacher apart from your parent wants to see you at the top...they love you for who you are, the way you are, Teacher's create doctors, engineers , in fact they create an entire nation....!

I would rubbish the argument that students don't respect their teachers anymore, they still do, its just that times have changed and so have the ways of expressing respect and affection, there are always blacksheeps but then where there are flowers there are thorns...

To all my teacher's (Thank you for what you made out of me, I owe it to you dear Sir's and Mam's) and to all my students I wish you go beyond the ordinary , make me proud god bless you..!

1 comment:

  1. mam this is such an auspicious day for the students too! teachers are no less than god! we say them guru as they instill in us the pathway of knowledge and humanity.
    thank you mam for giving me an opportunity to learn from you. your guidance will always help me to take a path in which i will perform well and keep up to your expectations..
    we love u mam! :)
    Umang

    ReplyDelete